Are you a natural connector, mind-body maven, or persuasive influencer? (On that last one, a good clue is that all your friends use your hairdresser, drycleaner, or go to your favorite coffee shop — they take your recommendations without question. Yeah. That’s you.)
Are you intrigued by the Feldenkrais Method — either looking for an excuse to try it, or you’re already hooked, feeling great, and wouldn’t miss a lesson unless hell or high water intervened?
Perhaps you’d be interested in a fun project that would help us out. We’ll make it worth your while.
Job Title: Poster Child
Length of Appointment: 6 months
Start date: immediately
Duties: advocate for the Feldenkrais Method: blog, photograph, produce videos, post on Social Media sites about your experiences with the Feldenkrais Method. Raise awareness about the benefits derived from the Feldenkrais Method, Awareness Through Movement, and Functional Integration. Create other content, events, or media coverage as your time and creativity allows. Promote sharing of Feldenkrais-related content and Word of Mouth recommendations. Share online content about the Feldenkrais Method that has been created by others. Frequency: new content once or twice each week: status updates and/or re-posts 3-5 times per week. Attend classes and workshops.
Compensation: You will receive 6 Functional Integration lessons from MaryBeth Smith, GCFP, at the Feldenkrais Center of Houston. suggested frequency: once a month. Value: priceless. You’d pay $480 lesson-by-lesson. I know: It’s HUGE.
- You live within a 25-mile radius of Houston, Texas, OR you are a frequent and regular visitor here.
- You are comfortable with social media, with well-established profiles and quality followers on Facebook, Twitter, and other sites.
- You are a blogger, and/or photographer and videographer with content on Flickr, YouTube, Vimeo, or other sites.
- Active, positive, sense of humor.
- Prior experience with the Feldenkrais Method is a plus, but not essential. Your curiosity about the Method and desire to experience and benefit from it is required.
Full Disclosure: you will post a statement in the content you produce that you are an advocate for the Feldenkrais Method, and how you are being compensated. You’ll sign a release so that we can use your gorgeous kisser in our promotional materials, and stating that we can share the content you create.
Application: Send an email to move [at] houstonfeldenkrais [dot] com, Subject: Advocate.
- Connect: tell me why you’d like to be my poster child. Extra points for clear writing style and ability to use spell-check, haiku, limericks, or interpretive dance.
- List links to representative social media profiles, and to content you have created on blogs, video and photo sharing, etc.
- Show me your stuff! Create a NEW video about the Feldenkrais Method and send me the link in your email.
- Please include your contact information.
Notification: finalists will be interviewed via phone, Skype, or in person. Decisions around here are routinely based on emotion and what we think will be the most fun. We will notify you via email if you are selected!
Benefits: Fun! Opportunities to exercise your creative muscles for good; Bliss, ease, and grace in movement; local micro-celebrity status in Houston; possible national, international, and intergalactic fame.
Termination: if either of us is no longer having fun at any time, the relationship can be terminated with no hard feelings.
What a blast! You wanna do it. Show us what you got.